I’ve been loving a lot of things this month. Most notably the weather, as it seems that winter in New York is finally over (knock on wood). But in consumerist terms, here’s a smattering of April’s favorites:
1. Anastasia Brow Wiz in Soft Brown. I’d been on the hunt for a new brow pencil for ages, as my old Anastasia pencil (which lasted me years, by the way) had finally died, and lord knows I can’t leave my house without doing my brows. The Brow Wiz has been hyped up, and for good reason. It’s the single most amazing brow tool I’ve ever used. Obsessed.
2. Clinique Cheek Pop Blush in 03 Berry Pop. First, it comes in the shape of a flower. Come on. That’s killer packaging. Second, the formula is incredible. It’s somewhere between a gel and a powder, has fabulous staying power, and the color payoff is beyond. I’m already in the market to pick up a few others.
3. Clinique High Impact Waterproof Mascara in 01 Black. I’m really picky when it comes to mascara. I hate a lot of the really popular ones (Falsies, I’m looking at you), and have been using up the dregs of my favorite Tarina Tarantino. But Clinique’s been really nailing it this month — so far this mascara has held up well. It doesn’t leave crumbles all over my cheeks, really gives my lashes some length, and lives up to its waterproof name.
4. Boscia The Art of Multi-Masking Kit. I’ve been really into face masks the last year or so, and this kit is a nice addition to my collection. It includes minis of Boscia’s best masks, a brush to paint them on with, and a handy guide on the best places to use each one. They all peel off, which I find really satisfying for some reason. Once I use this up, I’ll definitely be going out to purchase the full sizes.
5. Nyx Butter Gloss in Strawberry Parfait. I’m not much for glosses — a lipstick lady through and through. But I really like the color of this one, and it isn’t sticky like a lot of the glosses I’ve tried. I won’t lie, I very well may buy a few more if I can find them.
6. Cadbury Mini Eggs. Need I say more?
7. ZipList. I’m one of those people who needs a grocery list when I go to the store in order to prevent me from buying ALL OF THE THINGS. This app is great for making lists of everything you need, and checking them off as you go along. I just really like the interface and how user-friendly it is compared to other grocery apps I’ve tried.
8. Gargoyles. Does anyone else remember that awesome Disney cartoon from back in the 90’s? I used to love it as a kid and recently decided to rewatch all the episodes and read the comics. As good as the show was way back when, it’s even better viewing it from an adult perspective. I gotta give Disney credit, the show is incredibly smart. Arthurian legends? Shakespeare? Strong female characters of color? What’s not to love?
9. Celestial Sleepytime Extra Tea. It’s cheap, it’s delicious, and it does what it says it should. Can’t go wrong with that.
10. Cripple of Inishmaan. I missed DanRad by a week the last time he was on Broadway. The boy doesn’t disappoint. It’s a lot of dark humor, but it’s smart, and surprising, and I loved every minute of it.
What have you been loving this month?