I recently took a barre class after not having taken one in nearly a year and man did I forgot how much I hate it. You are so painfully aware of how slowly time is moving and how incredibly painful small movements can be. Who knew one pound weights could be considered a torture device?
All that being said, shit works. I did the Flybarre Challenge last March and lost nearly 8 inches in the span of 30 days. You can’t argue with the tape measure.
Being that I’m a glutton for punishment, I’ve decided to put myself through yet another barre challenge, only this one was designed by me, for me. Let’s break it down, shall we?
1. At least 2 barre classes a week (on top of my other workouts)
2. Visit at least four different barre studios.
3. Try at least four different instructors.
4. Measurements are only to be taken on day 1 and day 31. (I don’t believe in torturing yourself weekly with numbers.)
5. No fast food.
6. Only water, tea, and coffee are allowed.
So basically it’s going to be a month of my limbs wanting to fall off, but summer’s almost here, I’m going on vacation and, again, I like to punish myself for no good reason. I also just like to prove that I can do things for the hell of it. I’m not sure where the sense of satisfaction will come with this one, but I’m sure it’ll show up at some point.
I’ll be instagramming this, no doubt, using #barrecore2016 if you want to follow along (or participate!). A few brave souls have already decided to suffer along with me. Misery loves company!