Well, guys, we did it.
We made it to 2016!
And with a new year comes new goals. I prefer not to call them resolutions, because like I always say, if you want to change your life, you should just start today. But compared to where my life was a year ago, I’m feeling much more stable and on track. I know what I want, and I have clear visions on how to get there. So for 2016, we’re looking at…
- Pistol squats. So I can start running again.
- Qualifying for the 2017 NYC Marathon. I already have my NYRR membership, and signed up for my volunteer credit. Now I just need to finish healing so I can sign up for those 9 qualifying races. (Brooklyn Half, I’m looking at you.)
- Continue to do most of my cooking at home. The last few weeks were a bit of a shitshow, what with working two jobs and it being the holidays, but mama needs a salad real quick.
- Read more. I read a total of four books in 2015, which is why you didn’t get a list this year.
- Re-open my savings account. It’s time to start putting money away. For what, I’m not sure, but wouldn’t it be nice to not always be broke?
- Get certified to teach some sort of fitness class. This one’s on the ‘maybe’ list, but it’s something I’ve been considering.