I. Love. Face. Masks.
In fact, I should probably be in some sort of Face Masks Anonymous group considering how much I use them. They’re the perfect way to pamper yourself at home, and they come in every price range imaginable. If I’m at the end of my pay period and the most I can afford is a trip to the drug store, there are some great alternatives to the high end brands you can find at Sephora or the beauty counter at Bloomingdales.
Me, I love a good face mask a few nights a week. Sometimes, if I’m having a particularly bad skin week, I’ll do one every night, or use a combination of a few of my most trusted helpers.
That’s another great thing about masks – there’s one for every skin type or problem you might have. Dry skin? Check. Oily skin? Yep. Sensitive skin? You betcha. No matter what my skin is up to, there’s something on my counter to combat it.
These are just a few of my favorites:
- Freeman Feeling Beautiful Peel-Off Mask, Cucumber ($3.99): A great drugstore buy! When my skin’s feeling particularly rough and patchy, I always reach for this one. Plus, peeling it off is ridiculously satisfying. (This entire range is actually really great and equally inexpensive.)
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask ($15.50): Ladies, when it’s getting close to that time of the month and zits start to pop up, this is a great way to help keep the mountains at bay.
- The Body Shop Warming Mineral Mask ($17): I like to use this one in combination with any number of others. The way it heats up upon application makes me feel like it really opens up my pores and preps them for whatever mask or skincare I decide to use after.
- Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask To Clear Pores ($25): This one is my go-to, regardless of what’s going on with my skin. If it’s been a few days, I just like to pop this one on after a shower and declog anything still stuck to my face.
- Origins Drink Up 10 Minute Mask To Quench Skin’s Thirst ($25): Great for those dry winter months, I like to put this one on right before bed and let it sink in while I sleep. I haven’t had a dry patch in the three years since I’ve put this in my rotation.
- Boscia Bright White Mask ($38): When my skin’s looking dull and tired, this one gives it the boost it needs. I can actually see the difference when I peel this one off. People have even asked me if I’ve gone somewhere and had something done!
- GLAMGLOW Supermud Clearing Treatment ($69): Definitely on the pricey side, but I love that it dries to show you where all the dirt in your skin is. I feel like it really clears my pores out. I really like using this on Sunday nights, or after a particularly hard workout.