As 2014 comes to a close, I think it’s time to wrap up with some of my favorites. Maybe next year they’ll be yours!
- NAIL POLISH – Nails Inc. Gel Effect Polish in Porchester Square – Love everything about it, from the color, to the finish, to the amount of time it lasts before chipping.
- FOUNDATION – Bourjois 10 Hour Sleep Effect Foundation – It’s hard to find a foundation pale enough to match my ghost-like complexion, but this one is perfect, stays on all day, and gives good coverage (more on the medium side, but definitely buildable) on days I’m trying to hide a few blemishes.
- BLUSH – Clinique Cheek Pop Blush in Berry Pop – With adorable packaging and incredible color payoff, it’s no wonder Clinique added these to their permanent collection.
- LIPSTICK – Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in 03 Mightiest Maraschino – Clinique really surprised me this year. This balm has great color payoff for being somewhat sheer, lasts for a good chunk of time, and really does moisturize your lips.
- BROWS – Anastasia Brow Wiz in Soft Brown – This is my holy grail product. I can’t leave my house without putting on my brows, and this product is perfect for filling in those spare spots and creating a natural shape without looking overdone.
- PERFUME – Maison Martin Margiela ‘Replica’ in Promenade in the Gardens – This was a more recent discovery, but I’ve worn it almost every day since I got it. It’s a deeper scent than I’m used to, but the notes of rose, patchouli, and sandalwood aren’t overpowering here. They’re just really warm and lovely.
- Bioderma – This makeup remover really is as great as everyone claims. Unscented and gentle, it strips my face of gunk without leaving it dry and flakey.
- Ole Henriksen The Clean Truth Cleansing Cloths: Brightening – For days when I’m feeling lazy about makeup removal, or I’m traveling, these wipes are perfect. Also, they smell divine.
- Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Soothing Face Cream – I’ve been using this every night for two years now and when winter rolls around, guess who doesn’t get dry, flakey patches? This girl!
- Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum – Great for correcting dark spots, evening skin tones, and creating a luminous completion, I cannot live without this stuff. It’s pricey, but it’s worth every penny.
- Fringe Salon – My hair changes pretty frequently, so I need a salon I can trust. This charming downtown haircuttery is my #1, my holy grail, my everything. I’ve had cuts and colors by numerous stylists, and my hair always turns out great. The staff is friendly, the shop is cute, and there’s an incredible bakery next-door. What’s not to love?
- Davines Love shampoo for curly hair – This stuff is hard to find, so I usually order it from Amazon. The citrus smell is nice in the morning, and it creates a good base on days I want to let my hair do it’s own thing.
- Drybar’s Texas Tea Volumizing Shampoo – If I plan to blow-dry my hair, this is my holy grail. It actually does what it says and gives me great lift and body, smells great, and leaves my hair soft and manageable.
- Essie Button Vlogs – I love both their individual channels, but Este and Aslan together is just perfection. They have some great travel vlogs (Scandinavian road trip!), eat really delicious food, and are basically the cutest couple I’ve ever seen.
- Yoga With Adriene – If I’m too lazy to get to class, I’ll pull out my mat and do one of Adriene’s videos. There’s something for pretty much any mood/situation you may find yourself in. I’m still working my way through all of them, but I’ve loved every single one! She’s super encouraging, and a little self-depricating, which I like.
- C.O. Bigelow – Lime & Coriander (discontinued)
- Paddywax – Tobacco and Patchouli
- Ikea – Strawberry
- Tocca – Havana (sugarcane and rum)
- Montreal, Quebec
- Princeton, NJ
- Jacob’s Pickles (NYC)
- The Mermaid Inn (NYC)
- Restaurant Su (Montreal, Quebec)
- Cava Mezze (Arlington, VA)
- Album: “Multiply” by Ed Sheeran
- Podcast: Serial
- Book: ELEANOR & PARK by Rainbow Rowell
- App: Ziplist
- Instagram: @befitmaky (her weightless story is so inspiring!)
- Store: Paper Source
What were some of your favorite products this year?